Wednesday 12 November 2008

I'm trying to think of a better way of conveying how the rate of perception can be speeded up to force the speed of light to slow down. The speed of light, at my normal rate of perception , is 300,000 km/s. If my brain was processing the outside world twice as fast, the speed of light would appear to travel 150,000 km/s. Maybe it's going to feel a little more comfortable to simply address the rate of perception in terms of the speed of light. For example - I could say that right now my rate of perception is 300,000 km/s. When the speed of my brain increases to twice that of normal, I could say my rate of perception is 150,000 km/s.

If my rate of perception was 0.001 km/s, (or 1m/s) I could physically watch light move across a room.

Imagine then, that my rate of perception was 0 km/s - everything would stop. The Universe would stop vibrating. Light would no longer have any velocity. Light is energy, but with no velocity - no vibration - there would be no energy. The Universe would be zero point energy. There would be zero dimensions.

So in the midst of all this, where is gravity? Matter is energy. The amount of rest energy in something as small as a book, for example, is tremendous. If all the matter in the book was converted to energy it would be enough energy to send a million tons to the moon. Where the rate of perception (Rp?) is 300, 000 km/s there is no such thing as rest energy. At an atomic level everything is moving very fast - vibrating very fast - vibrating heat - lots of heat.

The Sun is hot. The centre of the Earth is hot. All matter as it vibrates is generating heat. What is the relationship between this vibrating heat, matter and gravity? Does this heat take on the appearance of what we call gravity?

No comments: